Uber is perhaps the most prominent player in the new ridesharing industry that is turning out to be a nightmare for the traditional taxi industry. Ridesharing can turn out to be a nightmare for passengers and other motorists as well if an accident occurs involving an Uber driver. Uber accidents can get complex because of the multiple insurance issues that can come into play. It is important to discuss your case with a law firm that has experienced Charlotte Uber Accident Lawyers.
Uber accidents can involve various claimants, including:
- An Uber driver who was injured by the negligence of another motorist
- An Uber passenger who was injured by the negligence of the Uber driver or another motorist
- A passenger in the vehicle of a non-Uber driver who was injured by the negligence of an Uber driver
- A pedestrian who was injured by the negligence of an Uber driver
What to Do after an Uber Accident
After the accident, take the following steps to the extent that your health allows:
- Seek medical treatment immediately – for the sake of your health, and for the sake of evidence that you will need later.
- Collect contact and insurance information from all drivers involved in the accident and contact information from any witnesses.
- Photograph the scene of the accident.
- Contact an experienced Charlotte Uber Accident Attorney.
- Refuse to speak with any insurance company – refer them to your lawyer instead.
You Probably Won’t Have to Go to Court
Opposing parties, particularly insurance companies, know who Burts Law is and they know our reputation. That must be why 95 percent of them choose to settle privately rather than face us in court. Many of our clients have commented on the mysteriously sudden attitude change they detect in opposing parties once they mention that we are the ones representing them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I file a claim against my personal insurance policy if my Uber app was on, but I had no assignment?
- How much does Uber insurance cover?
- Where are the gaps in Uber insurance coverage?
- I suspect that my Uber driver was drunk at the time of the accident. Can I seek punitive damages?
We will gladly answer your questions today. Our Charlotte, North Carolina lawyer handles cases related to injuries obtained through accidents which include:
- Distracted driving
- Construction Accidents
- Poorly-maintained property
- Slip and Falls
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Police Brutality
- An unsafe workplace
- Elder abuse
- Dog bites
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Uber Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- Wrongful Death