Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Hendersonville, NC
Hendersonville is a city located in Henderson County, North Carolina, United States. It is situated in the western part of the state, close to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hendersonville has a population of approximately 15,000 people and covers an area of around 6 square miles.
Hendersonville is known for its charming small-town atmosphere and natural beauty. The city is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and is close to several popular outdoor recreational areas, such as the Pisgah National Forest and the Dupont State Forest. Hendersonville is also home to several parks and greenways, such as the Jackson Park and the Oklawaha Greenway.
The city has a vibrant downtown area, with a range of restaurants, bars, and shops. The downtown area is home to several historic buildings and landmarks, such as the Henderson County Courthouse and the Hendersonville City Hall.
Hendersonville has a strong arts and culture scene, with several galleries, museums, and performance venues in the area. The city is home to several festivals and events throughout the year, such as the North Carolina Apple Festival and the Garden Jubilee.
With its convenient location in western North Carolina, Hendersonville provides easy access to a variety of outdoor recreational activities, such as hiking, fishing, and skiing. The city is also known for its excellent schools, with several highly rated public and private schools in the area. Overall, Hendersonville offers a unique blend of natural beauty, arts and culture, and small-town charm, making it a great place to live, work, and visit.
Pedestrian accidents are common in Hendersonville, North Carolina. Here is some general information about Pedestrian accidents in North Carolina:
- Causes of accidents: Some of the most common causes of Pedestrian accidents in North Carolina include distracted driving, speeding, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Injuries and fatalities: In 2020, there were over 68,000 people injured in motor vehicle crashes in North Carolina and over 1,400 fatalities.
- High-risk areas: Certain areas in North Carolina tend to have higher rates of Pedestrian accidents, including urban areas and intersections with high traffic volume.
- Prevention: To help reduce the number of Pedestrian accidents in North Carolina, it’s important to always follow traffic laws, wear seat belts, and avoid distractions while driving. Additionally, state and local agencies are working to improve road design and infrastructure to make roads safer for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
Hendersonville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you get involved in a Pedestrian accident in Hendersonville, North Carolina, try to take certain steps immediately to protect yourself and your legal rights. The car insurance company overseeing your claim will search for reasons to deny or diminish your benefits, such as an admission of guilt or a delay in seeking medical care. What you do (and don’t do) after an accident can affect your ability to recover financial compensation for your losses. If you can, take the following steps:
- Check yourself and anyone else involved in the accident to find out if there are any injuries.
- Report the Pedestrian accident and any injuries to the police by calling 911 right away.
- Obtain insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Don’t admit fault for the Pedestrian accident to the other driver or the police.
- Write down a description of the other car, as well as its VIN and license plate numbers.
- See a doctor for medical attention for your injuries immediately.
- Contact your car insurance company to report the crash as soon as possible.
- Contact a Hendersonville Pedestrian accident lawyer before accepting an insurance settlement.
It’s important to note that Pedestrian accidents can have serious consequences for those involved, including physical injuries, property damage, and financial losses. If you or a loved one have been involved in a Pedestrian accident in Hendersonville, North Carolina, it’s important to seek the assistance of a qualified attorney to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
WHY BURTS LAW, PLLC?
At Burts Law, PLLC, our Hendersonville, North Carolina Pedestrian accident lawyer handles personal injury and wrongful death cases for people in Hendersonville and throughout North Carolina. Since our founding, we have built a record for success, recovering damages for our clients. Our mission has been, and always will be, to meet the needs of our clients by striving for the best possible outcome in their case.
In addition to handling personal injury and wrongful death cases, our work also includes workers’ compensation cases in Hendersonville, North Carolina. As a result, we are uniquely prepared to address the needs of people injured in Pedestrian accidents while working on the job. Our law firm knows how to negotiate and litigate all types of motor vehicle accidents, from pedestrian collisions to fatal commercial trucking crashes.
DO I NEED A HENDERSONVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Some people asked why it’s important to hire a Pedestrian accident attorney if they are injured in Hendersonville, NC. There are many things to consider when determining whether to hire an auto accident lawyer for your Hendersonville, NC accident:
- The big picture: vehicle accidents are a leading cause of personal injury in the United States, and they can have serious consequences for those involved. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Pedestrian accident, it’s important to understand your rights and options for seeking compensation.
- The impact of Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents can result in a wide range of physical and emotional injuries, including broken bones, head and neck injuries, and whiplash. In addition, Pedestrian accidents can also result in long-term disabilities, such as spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
- The role of negligence: In many Pedestrian accident cases, the at-fault driver may be considered negligent, meaning that they failed to exercise reasonable care and caused the accident. In order to be eligible for compensation, you must be able to prove that the at-fault driver was negligent.
- The importance of evidence: Gathering evidence is critical in Pedestrian accident cases, as it can help establish negligence and support your claim for compensation. This may include eyewitness statements, police reports from the Hendersonville Police Department, medical records, and photographs of the scene.
- Seeking compensation: Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver or their insurance company. This compensation may include payment for medical expenses, lost past and future wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
- The role of a personal injury attorney: A personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and protect your rights. An attorney can also help you understand your options for seeking compensation and provide guidance on what steps to take next.
CAN I AFFORD TO HIRE A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Yes. At Burts Law, PLLC, our Hendersonville Pedestrian accident lawyer operates on a contingency fee basis. This means we collect our fees as a percentage of the settlement or judgment award won. You never have to pay for our services out of pocket. If you don’t win your case, you won’t owe us anything for attorney’s fees!
Since contingency fees take the costs of a Pedestrian accident lawyer out of the equation, the real question becomes – can you afford not to hire a Pedestrian accident lawyer? Without a lawyer protecting your rights, you are at risk of a car insurance company taking advantage of you. Insurance companies have significant resources to put toward fighting liability for motor vehicle collisions – meaning you could walk away with much less than you deserve.
CAN I RECOVER AFTER A HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT?
A hit-and-run accident is one in which the at-fault party does not stick around to fulfill his or her legal duties of care, including taking financial responsibility for the crash. In a hit-and-run case, you may not know how to proceed with a damage claim since you do not know the identity of the at-fault driver. Luckily, your own auto insurer may offer a solution instead. Our Hendersonville Pedestrian accident lawyer can guide you through the process.
FREE CONSULTATION WITH A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HENDERSON, NORTH CAROLINA
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Hendersonville, North Carolina Pedestrian accident, it’s important to take action to protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. With the help of a qualified personal injury attorney, you can ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you need to recover from your injuries and move forward. Call us today at (866) BURTS-LAW or (704) 751-0455 anytime and we will be glad to speak with you for a free personal injury consultation.