Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Monroe
Burts Law is a law firm in Charlotte, North Carolina that specializes in bicycle accident cases. Our experienced team of attorneys is highly knowledgeable in the laws pertaining to bicycle accidents, and we are committed to helping our clients get the best possible outcome for their case. In addition to our extensive experience in bicycle accident law, we also have extensive experience in other areas of the law, such as personal injury, negligence, and wrongful death cases.
Bicycle accidents are common in Monroe, North Carolina. Here is some general information about Bicycle accidents in North Carolina:
- Causes of accidents: Some of the most common causes of Bicycle accidents in North Carolina include distracted driving, speeding, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Injuries and fatalities: In 2020, there were over 68,000 people injured in motor vehicle crashes in North Carolina and over 1,400 fatalities.
- High-risk areas: Certain areas in North Carolina tend to have higher rates of Bicycle accidents, including urban areas and intersections with high traffic volume.
- Prevention: To help reduce the number of Bicycle accidents in North Carolina, it’s important to always follow traffic laws, wear seat belts, and avoid distractions while driving. Additionally, state and local agencies are working to improve road design and infrastructure to make roads safer for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A BICYCLE ACCIDENT
If you get involved in a Bicycle accident in Monroe, North Carolina, try to take certain steps immediately to protect yourself and your legal rights. The car insurance company overseeing your claim will search for reasons to deny or diminish your benefits, such as an admission of guilt or a delay in seeking medical care. What you do (and don’t do) after an accident can affect your ability to recover financial compensation for your losses. If you can, take the following steps:
- Pull over at the scene of the crash. Never flee the scene of an accident without stopping.
- Check yourself and anyone else involved in the accident to find out if there are any injuries.
- Report the Bicycle accident and any injuries to the police by calling 911 right away.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Don’t admit fault for the Bicycle accident to the other driver or the police.
- Write down a description of the other car, as well as its VIN and license plate numbers.
- See a doctor for medical attention for your injuries immediately.
- Contact your car insurance company to report the crash as soon as possible.
- Contact a Monroe Bicycle accident lawyer before accepting an insurance settlement.
It’s important to note that Bicycle accidents can have serious consequences for those involved, including physical injuries, property damage, and financial losses. If you or a loved one have been involved in a Bicycle accident in Monroe, North Carolina, it’s important to seek the assistance of a qualified attorney to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
WHY BURTS LAW, PLLC?
At Burts Law, PLLC, our Monroe, North Carolina Bicycle accident lawyer handles personal injury and wrongful death cases for people in Monroe and throughout North Carolina. Since our founding, we have built a record for success, recovering damages for our clients. Our mission has been, and always will be, to meet the needs of our clients by striving for the best possible outcome in their case.
In addition to handling personal injury and wrongful death cases, our work also includes workers’ compensation cases in Monroe, North Carolina. As a result, we are uniquely prepared to address the needs of people injured in Bicycle accidents while working on the job. Our law firm knows how to negotiate and litigate all types of motor vehicle accidents, from pedestrian collisions to fatal commercial trucking crashes.
DO I NEED A Monroe, NORTH CAROLINA BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Some people asked why it’s important to hire a Bicycle accident attorney if they are injured in Monroe, NC. There are many things to consider when determining whether to hire an auto accident lawyer for your Monroe, NC accident:
- The big picture: vehicle accidents are a leading cause of personal injury in the United States, and they can have serious consequences for those involved. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Bicycle accident, it’s important to understand your rights and options for seeking compensation.
- The impact of Bicycle accidents: Bicycle accidents can result in a wide range of physical and emotional injuries, including broken bones, head and neck injuries, and whiplash. In addition, Bicycle accidents can also result in long-term disabilities, such as spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
- The role of negligence: In many Bicycle accident cases, the at-fault driver may be considered negligent, meaning that they failed to exercise reasonable care and caused the accident. In order to be eligible for compensation, you must be able to prove that the at-fault driver was negligent.
- The importance of evidence: Gathering evidence is critical in Bicycle accident cases, as it can help establish negligence and support your claim for compensation. This may include eyewitness statements, police reports from the Monroe Police Department, medical records, and photographs of the scene.
- Seeking compensation: Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver or their insurance company. This compensation may include payment for medical expenses, lost past and future wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
- The role of a personal injury attorney: A personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and protect your rights. An attorney can also help you understand your options for seeking compensation and provide guidance on what steps to take next.
CAN I AFFORD TO HIRE A BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Yes. At Burts Law, PLLC, our Monroe Bicycle accident lawyer operates on a contingency fee basis. This means we collect our fees as a percentage of the settlement or judgment award won. You never have to pay for our services out of pocket. If you don’t win your case, you won’t owe us anything for attorney’s fees!
Since contingency fees take the costs of a Bicycle accident lawyer out of the equation, the real question becomes – can you afford not to hire a Bicycle accident lawyer? Without a lawyer protecting your rights, you are at risk of a car insurance company taking advantage of you. Insurance companies have significant resources to put toward fighting liability for motor vehicle collisions – meaning you could walk away with much less than you deserve.
CAN I RECOVER AFTER A HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT?
A hit-and-run accident is one in which the at-fault party does not stick around to fulfill his or her legal duties of care, including taking financial responsibility for the crash. In a hit-and-run case, you may not know how to proceed with a damage claim since you do not know the identity of the at-fault driver. Luckily, your own auto insurer may offer a solution instead. Our Monroe Bicycle accident lawyer can guide you through the process.