Truck Accident in Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach is a endearing town located in South Carolina, offers a combination of small-town magnetism and big-city amenities. The town boasts a mighty local economy, excellent schools, and a variety of parks, lakes, and nature preserves. Myrtle Beach is also home to a number of festivals and actions throughout the year, making it a breathing and available community for residents and visitors alike.
Truck accidents are common in Myrtle Beach, SouthCarolina. Here is some general information about truck accidents in South Carolina:
- Number of accidents: According to the South Carolina Department of Transportation, there were approximately 126,000 motor vehicle crashes in South Carolina in 2020.
- Causes of accidents: Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in South Carolina include distracted driving, speeding, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Injuries and fatalities: In 2020, there were over 68,000 people injured in motor vehicle crashes in South Carolina and over 1,400 fatalities.
- High-risk areas: Certain areas in South Carolina tend to have higher rates of truck accidents, including urban areas and intersections with high traffic volume.
- Prevention: To help reduce the number of truck accidents in South Carolina, it’s important to always follow traffic laws, wear seat belts, and avoid distractions while driving. Additionally, state and local agencies are working to improve road design and infrastructure to make roads safer for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT
If you get involved in a truck accident in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, try to take certain steps immediately to protect yourself and your legal rights. The car insurance company overseeing your claim will search for reasons to deny or diminish your benefits, such as an admission of guilt or a delay in seeking medical care. What you do (and don’t do) after an accident can affect your ability to recover financial compensation for your losses. If you can, take the following steps:
- Pull over at the scene of the crash. Never flee the scene of an accident without stopping.
- Check yourself and anyone else involved in the accident to find out if there are any injuries.
- Report the truck accident and any injuries to the police by calling 911 right away.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Don’t admit fault for the truck accident to the other driver or the police.
- Write down a description of the other car, as well as its VIN and license plate numbers.
- See a doctor for medical attention for your injuries immediately.
- Contact your car insurance company to report the crash as soon as possible.
- Contact a Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer before accepting an insurance settlement.
It’s important to note that truck accidents can have serious consequences for those involved, including physical injuries, property damage, and financial losses. If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, it’s important to seek the assistance of a qualified attorney to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
WHY BURTS LAW, PLLC?
At Burts Law, PLLC, our Myrtle Beach, South Carolina truck accident lawyer handles personal injury and wrongful death cases for people in Myrtle Beach and throughout South Carolina. Since our founding, we have built a record for success, recovering damages for our clients. Our mission has been, and always will be, to meet the needs of our clients by striving for the best possible outcome in their case.
In addition to handling personal injury and wrongful death cases, our work also includes workers’ compensation cases in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. As a result, we are uniquely prepared to address the needs of people injured in truck accidents while working on the job. Our law firm knows how to negotiate and litigate all types of motor vehicle accidents, from pedestrian collisions to fatal commercial trucking crashes.
DO I NEED A Myrtle Beach, SOUTH CAROLINA TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Some people asked why it’s important to hire a truck accident attorney if they are injured in Myrtle Beach, NC. There are many things to consider when determining whether to hire an auto accident lawyer for your Myrtle Beach, NC accident:
- The big picture: vehicle accidents are a leading cause of personal injury in the United States, and they can have serious consequences for those involved. If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, it’s important to understand your rights and options for seeking compensation.
- The impact of truck accidents: Truck accidents can result in a wide range of physical and emotional injuries, including broken bones, head and neck injuries, and whiplash. In addition, truck accidents can also result in long-term disabilities, such as spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
- The role of negligence: In many truck accident cases, the at-fault driver may be considered negligent, meaning that they failed to exercise reasonable care and caused the accident. In order to be eligible for compensation, you must be able to prove that the at-fault driver was negligent.
- The importance of evidence: Gathering evidence is critical in truck accident cases, as it can help establish negligence and support your claim for compensation. This may include eyewitness statements, police reports from the Myrtle Beach Police Department, medical records, and photographs of the scene.
- Seeking compensation: Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver or their insurance company. This compensation may include payment for medical expenses, lost past and future wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
- The role of a personal injury attorney: A personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and protect your rights. An attorney can also help you understand your options for seeking compensation and provide guidance on what steps to take next.
CAN I AFFORD TO HIRE A TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Yes. At Burts Law, PLLC, our Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer operates on a contingency fee basis. This means we collect our fees as a percentage of the settlement or judgment award won. You never have to pay for our services out of pocket. If you don’t win your case, you won’t owe us anything for attorney’s fees!
Since contingency fees take the costs of a truck accident lawyer out of the equation, the real question becomes – can you afford not to hire a truck accident lawyer? Without a lawyer protecting your rights, you are at risk of a car insurance company taking advantage of you. Insurance companies have significant resources to put toward fighting liability for motor vehicle collisions – meaning you could walk away with much less than you deserve.
CAN I RECOVER AFTER A HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT?
A hit-and-run accident is one in which the at-fault party does not stick around to fulfill his or her legal duties of care, including taking financial responsibility for the crash. In a hit-and-run case, you may not know how to proceed with a damage claim since you do not know the identity of the at-fault driver. Luckily, your own auto insurer may offer a solution instead. Our Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer can guide you through the process.
FREE CONSULTATION WITH A TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER IN Myrtle Beach, SOUTH CAROLINA
If you or a loved one have been insulted in a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Pedestrian accident, it’s important to take action to protect your rights and intention the recompense you deserve. With the urge on of a ascribed personal disrespect attorney, you can ensure that your rights are protected and that you get the recompense you obsession to recover from your injuries and move forward. Call us today at (866) BURTS-LAW or (704) 751-0455 anytime and we will be glad to talk with you for a clear personal insult consultation.