Car accidents can be a scary and overwhelming experience, and it’s easy to make mistakes in the aftermath. Here are some common mistakes to avoid after a car accident:
- Failing to report the accident. It’s important to report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible, even if you don’t think there was any damage. Failing to report the accident could result in a delay in the claims process or even the denial of your claim
- Not exchanging information with the other driver. Be sure to exchange information with the other driver, including their name, contact information, and insurance information.
- Not calling the police. If there is significant damage to either vehicle or if someone is injured, it’s important to call the police. The police will create a report that can be useful in the claims process.
- Not taking photos of the accident scene. Photos can be a valuable piece of evidence in the claims process. Be sure to take photos of the damage to both vehicles, as well as any visible injuries.
- Not seeking medical attention. Even if you don’t think you were injured in the accident, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not show symptoms until hours or even days after the accident.
- Admitting fault. It’s important to be honest with the insurance company, but avoid admitting fault or making any statements that could be used against you. Let the insurance company investigate the accident and determine who was at fault.
- Not keeping track of your expenses. Keep track of any expenses you incur as a result of the accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, and car rental fees. These expenses may be covered by your insurance policy.
By avoiding these mistakes, you can help ensure that you get the coverage you deserve after a car accident.
If you are injured in a car accident in Charlotte, North Carolina, Hickory, North Carolina, Rock Hill, South Carolina, or Fort Mill, South Carolina, don’t hesitate to seek the help of a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer. An auto accident lawyer can help you to understand your rights and options, and can represent you in court to help you get the best possible outcome for your case. Call us 24/7 at (866) BURTS-LAW.